The Toshiba-branded notebook computer (here in after called the “Product”) purchased is covered by a Limited Warranty Program*1 (here in after called the “Warranty”) for a period of 1-year, 3-years or 4-years (depending on the model) term validity starting from the date of purchase. This warranty entitles the customer to a Carry-In Service through Toshiba’s authorized service providers when warranty service is required.
To be eligible for this Warranty, you may either register online at http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/registeronline or contact to Toshiba Support Center together with a copy of the proof of purchase (either in the form of official receipt or invoice) within 14 days from the date of purchase. Upon approval, you will receive an acknowledgment through email to enjoy the benefits of this program. In the event of email address not being provided, no acknowledgement will be sent. You can also check your warranty registration status online at http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/includes/support/warrantylookup.html. Toshiba reserves the right to reject a registration without any explanation.
Please register your warranty online at http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/registeronline within 14 days from the date of purchase. The Warranty Program does not extend to any Toshiba Product purchased from an unauthorized Reseller.
Terms & Conditions
- Toshiba Singapore Pte Ltd (hereinafter called “Toshiba”) warrants the Product to be free from defects in material and workmanship, arising under normal use, for a period of 1-year, 3-years, or 4-years (depending on the model) from the date of original purchase when brand new.
- Original battery is eligible for a 12-month warranty period, regardless of Product’s model.*2
- The Product is deemed Dead-On-Arrival (DOA) if it is defective upon receipt. This Product has to be returned to the place of purchase within seven (7) days from the date of purchase in its original packaging.
- This Warranty covers the cost of service parts and labor through Toshiba authorized distributors, dealers, resellers (hereinafter called the “Reseller”) or authorized service providers.
- Toshiba’s sole obligation under this Warranty shall be, at its option, to repair or replace the service parts with new or qualified used service parts, in the occurrence of any failure or defect covered under the Warranty during the warranty period.
- Toshiba, its Reseller and authorized service providers reserve the rights to request for proof of purchase (either in the form of official receipt or invoice) with date of purchase showing model and serial number before accepting liability for any Warranty claim.
- Any service parts repaired or replaced under the Warranty shall be subjected to the balance of the original warranty period applying to the Product.
- Any service parts replaced under Warranty shall become Toshiba’s property.
- Please ensure that your computer has been fully “backed-up” before it is en-route to your Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider in support of a Warranty Claim. Toshiba or its representatives will not be held responsible whatsoever, if during the repair of the Product, the contents of the data storage media were altered, deleted, or in any way modified. Toshiba or its representatives are not obliged to perform any preventive maintenance such as hard disk conditioning, data synchronization, data back-up, recovery from software virus attacks, software virus checks, hardware diagnostic tests and cleaning.
- Any software pre-installed by Toshiba which is lost or corrupted as a result of a Product failure giving rise to a valid Warranty claim, will be replaced free of charge when the Product is being repaired, provided that it has not been possible to back up the software due to the fault. It is, however, your responsibility to ensure this software is backed-up after initial start-up in all circumstances.
- Receipt by Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider of Product does not mean that the Product will be repaired without cost to you. If Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider determines that the repair(s) is (are) not covered under the Warranty, you will be duly notified. If you were to authorize the repair(s) not covered under the Warranty, you will be responsible for paying the current repair charges.
- It is your responsibility to remove any options, features, parts, alterations and/or attachments not under warranty service prior to sending the Product to Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider. Toshiba is not responsible for any damage to or loss of such options, features, parts, alterations, attachments or any programs, data, or other information stored in any parts of the Product sent for servicing.
- For an updated listing of our current Toshiba Reseller and authorized service provider worldwide, please visit us at: http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/support/providers.html.
- All other expressed or implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby disclaimed.
- No liability is accepted for loss of profits or any consequential loss, loss of data, loss of software or the cost of software re-configuration.
If the Product is not in good working order as warranted, the sole and exclusive remedy shall be repair, or replacement of service parts. Except such remedy, in no event shall Toshiba, or any Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider be held liable for any damages of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Damage, loss or corruption of your records, programs, data or removable storage media;
- Direct or indirect damages, lost profits, lost savings or other special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages whether for breach of contract, tort or otherwise, or whether arising out of the use of or inability to use the Product, even if Toshiba, or any Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider has been advised of the possibility of such damages or any claim by any other party.
- Even though Toshiba has reviewed some or all of the pre-installed software and documentation, Toshiba makes no warranty or representation,|either expressed or implied, with respect to software, its quality, performance, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor does Toshiba warrant the functions contained in this software will meet your requirements or that the operation of this software will be uninterrupted or error-free. As a result, unless otherwise stated in writing, this software is sold “as is.” Should this software prove defective, you, the puchaser, are assuming the entire risk as to its quality and performance as well as any costs associated with the servicing, repairing, or correction.
- In no event shall Toshiba, or any Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider be held liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consquential damages resulting from any defect in the software or its documentation, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In particular,Toshiba or its representatives shall have no liability for any programs or data stored or used with Toshiba Product, including the cost of recovering such programs or data.
- This Warranty extended only to the 1st owner of the Product and it is non-transferable.
The following items are excluded from this Warranty:
- Chassis, covers, cosmetic parts, plastics, power cords, connectivity adaptors/cables, memory cards, software media, consumable supplies, remote controllers, bundled options/accessories & carrying case;
- Security password locked Product or Service Parts (e.g. hard disk encryption, BIOS password locked);
- Any telephone/facsimile/telex/internet-based communication charges;
- Transport/delivery/insurance costs or any other transportation damages incurred in returning the Product to a Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider in support of a Warranty Claim and subsequent return of Product at the location you stated
- Non-Toshiba and third-party peripherals, PC cards or accessories used with Toshiba Product.
This Warranty shall be void if:
- Product or Service Part label/serial number has been altered or obscured; removed or torn;
- Failure of the Product or Service Parts resulting from service, maintenance or repair other than by a Toshiba Reseller or authorized service provider;
- Failure or defect was attributable to any extrinsic cause, accidental damage, liquid spillage, improper use, modification, adaptation, neglect, crack, wear and tear, improper installation and connection with any peripheral, external electrical fault.
When you obtain service outside of the original country of purchase, Toshiba shall not be liable for:
- Import duty/tax/licensing fee for importing of service parts.
- Built-in or external devices such as fax/data/voice modem, wireless LAN card, Bluetooth card, which are telecommunications devices. Support for these devices may vary from country to country.
- Toshiba options such as docking units, memory expansion card, PC card, optional optical / hard disk drive, optional communications device module, etc.
- Any kind of software programs, pre-installed software, application software, or whatsoever in the product are excluded from the Warranty.
- Issues which arise from product incompatibility or technology limitations are excluded from the Warranty.
- If replacement of the keyboard is required, only English language keyboards, or keyboards in the native language of the country where service is provided are available.
TFT Disclaimer. Small dark/bright dots may appear on your TFT display when you turn on your PC. Your display contains an extremely large number of thin-film transistors (TFT) and is manufactured using high-precision technology. Any small dark/bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the TFT manufacturing technology.
Hard Drive Capacity. 1-Gigabyte (GB) means 1000 x 1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. The computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1 GB = 1024 x 1024 x 1024 = 1,073,741,824 bytes, and therefore may show less storage capacity. Available storage capacity will also be less if the product includes pre-installed operating system and/or application software. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
Technical And Warranty Support
Toshiba Support Center
To download a copy of our standard warranty in English and other languages, please click here
All rights to final interpretation for terms and conditions herein belong to Toshiba. Toshiba reserves the right to alter or cancel the Warranty program at any time without prior notice. Please refer to Toshiba website https://pc.toshiba-asia.com/warrantylaptop for current Warranty terms and condition
Depending on the model, your warranty coverage varies from International or Local. For more information, please check with Toshiba’s authorized dealers or resellers, or visit: http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/warrantylookup
||Toshiba’s authorized service centers within or outside the original country of purchase.
For more information: http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/support/providers.html
||Toshiba’s authorized service centers within the original country of purchase.
Battery life may vary depending on applications, power management settings and features utilized. Recharge time varies depending on usage. Battery may not charge while computer is consuming full power. After a period of time, the battery will lose its ability to perform at maximum capacity and will need to be replaced. This is normal for all batteries and such conditions are excluded from the warranty.